Re: Web Accessibility Business Case draft updates

hi all,

here my input for the e-commerce example @
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/Overview.html

An e-Commerce business might emphasise ...

* an increased and even growing target group by including older users
and people with disabilities - both groups benefit from online shopping
to a great extent (eg. because of their limited mobility).

* improved accessibility can also increase the general usability and
trustworthiness of usally very complex web-shop interfaces.

* many accessibility related improvements have a strong positive impact
on search engine findability.

* compliance with anti-discrimination legislation reduces risk of
follow-up costs for legal actions and compensation of negative PR.

i'll leave the linguistic fine-tuning to the native speakers.
and of course i'm open to the discussion.

regards, michael

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | proschkogasse 1/5 | vienna AT