Re: Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 29th January 7am PDT

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 16:30 , fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
> On 1/28/20 1:24 PM, David Singer wrote:
>> Apologies for not sending a draft for critique.
>> 1) Assign scribe, etc.,
>> 2) Agenda bash. [...]
>
> Let's start by going through these open PRs and hopefully approving them:
> Propose removing CR reference to Last Call
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/363
> Drop the "Edited" Recommendation moniker
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/364
> Eliminate the distinction between X-RECs and REC
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/365
>
> I think you're missing the one major issue we need to discuss, and were scheduled to discuss, which is Registries.

No, I didn’t forget it. All the explanation material you link is very welcome, but quite voluminous, and I for one have not had time to do more than skim it and realize it’s going to take a detailed read and careful response. Unfortunately that wasn’t possible up until now; but my MPEG, 3GPP and Unicode meetings finished yesterday and now I am back on the W3C track, and it’s high on my list.

If others have questions/comments, we can of course discuss them (though feedback in the issues/wikis/etc. would be best).

> Adding relevant links below:
>
> Here is the main issue on the topic, with the latest comment by Florian summarizing the diffs between the two proposals on the table (one in the wiki, one as Process PR):
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/168#issuecomment-577174792
>  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2020Jan/att-0007/regdiff.html
>
> Here is the sub-issue about where to publish them:
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/353
> Here is sub-issue about whether the registry tables and their definitions should be in the same publication or not, latest comment by Florian:
>  https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/354#issuecomment-577923943
>
> Please try to read up on the materials above so we can discuss. Thanks~
>
> ~fantasai

David Singer

singer@mac.com