Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: W3C process call, 27 November

On 11/26/2019 12:33 PM, Michael Champion wrote:

> - Can Everteal create a plausible “living standard” option without
> patent policy changes?

We currently envision changing the patent policy.

> - If not, what’s the W3M/AB plan to get a patent policy update in 6
> months?

We were told by PSIG to choose a major direction before they work on an
update PP.

At the AB last week we chose ET.

Based on that Wendy feels that she can generate a proposed PP - modeled
after our traditional PP needs as well as the work that PSIG did for EG
in the sprint.

We hope to get a draft by the end of January.

>   Does it seems feasible for the “living standard” aspects of Everteal
> to reference an experimental patent policy but improvements to
> facilitate well-maintained Recommendations reference the existing
> patent policy?

I guess I would be interested in hearing PSIG's view on that question.