Re: Call for Consensus (in email) on closing out process 2019, ONE WEEK POLL closing NOV 15th

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:54 AM David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 15, 2018, at 9:41 , Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Since we are now past the deadline of 9am PST 2018-11-15, and the last
> > email from Ralph shows lack of consensus, shall we extend the CFC,
> > perhaps to Monday?
>
> I believe that Ralph is content with the suggested re-writes and has withdrawn his blocking of consensus. I don’t think the re-phrase affects anyone who previously gave consensus (and we have explicit confirmation from Nigel and the AB).

I accept your assessment of non-affect on good faith. (plus Ralph and
fantasai's follow-ups)

> > Also I saw in GitHub that Ralph's comments are being addressed, and
> > thus we should extend the CFC to make sure anyone not monitoring
> > GitHub but may have already reviewed the process doc has a chance to
> > review those diffs.
>
> We’re going now to AC informal review for a few weeks, and in order to hit a formal vote in time, I think we need to do that. Issues can still be raised (I hope minor) in informal review.
>
> Good enough?

Yes, proposal to extend CFC withdrawn.

Thanks for all of your attention to detail. I have been watching the
issues discussed / patches iterated in GitHub as they've gone by. Lots
of good improvements in this process revision.

+1 (after the deadline but still :)

Tantek