Re: PLEASE RESPOND Final cleanup, I need to make sure everyone is OK

On 09/27/2017 04:46 PM, Chaals McCathie Nevile wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 19:27:25 +0200, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 27/09/2017 12:31, David Singer wrote:
>>> Some responses to this would be appreciated.
>>>  We intend to ‘freeze’ top-of-tree during AC review, so the document
>>> at github.io remains unchanged. Issues and pull requests that land as
>>> part of AC review will be held (or a branch will be made) so the AC
>>> has a consistent document to comment on.
>>
>> Makes sense. Suggest taking a branch as the stable snapshot, and
>> allowing subsequent edits to happen on the default branch.
>
> +1

+1

>>>  1) Leonie proposes removing the somewhat-redundant word ‘public’
>>> before ‘working draft’ EXCEPT in the phrase First Public Working
>>> Draft, since all WDs are by definition public. See
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/104>, responding to
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/84>. OK?
>
> +1

No opinion on the change, but editorially, it looks fine to me.

>>> 2) <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/105> and
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/106> make the change to the
>>> process to restore the formal ballot at Proposed rec instead of at
>>> CR. Implements the decision on issue #34. Do we need the process to
>>> say that nonetheless the AC will be given early comment opportunity
>>> (around CR)?
>>
>> Have commented on the PR. I don't understand the logic of reverting to
>> a ballot at PR, but if I'm the only one who thinks this I'm not going
>> to die on this hill because of it.
>
> Ditto to Léonie.

Team and participants have found the long ballot confusing. Thanks for
helping us revert to something more understandable. We will of course
continue to encourage early feedback.

>>>  3) There are a few other editorial issues and pull requests, see
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/labels/Editorial%20improvements>.
>>> Do you mind if we land these ASAP before AC review starts?
>
> +1

+1

--Wendy

> Cheers

Strategy Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)