Re: PLEASE RESPOND Final cleanup, I need to make sure everyone is OK

On 27/09/2017 12:31, David Singer wrote:
> Some responses to this would be appreciated.
>
> We intend to ‘freeze’ top-of-tree during AC review, so the document at github.io remains unchanged. Issues and pull requests that land as part of AC review will be held (or a branch will be made) so the AC has a consistent document to comment on.

Makes sense. Suggest taking a branch as the stable snapshot, and
allowing subsequent edits to happen on the default branch.

> 1) Leonie proposes removing the somewhat-redundant word ‘public’ before ‘working draft’ EXCEPT in the phrase First Public Working Draft, since all WDs are by definition public. See <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/104>, responding to <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/84>. OK?

+1 (obviously).

> 2) <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/105> and <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/106> make the change to the process to restore the formal ballot at Proposed rec instead of at CR. Implements the decision on issue #34. Do we need the process to say that nonetheless the AC will be given early comment opportunity (around CR)?

Have commented on the PR. I don't understand the logic of reverting to a
ballot at PR, but if I'm the only one who thinks this I'm not going to
die on this hill because of it.

> 3) There are a few other editorial issues and pull requests, see <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/labels/Editorial%20improvements>. Do you mind if we land these ASAP before AC review starts?
Yes, go for it.

--