Mirroring Re: Moving the process to github…

04.01.2017, 23:08, "Ted Guild" <ted@w3.org>:
> On Thu, 2016-12-29 at 11:44 +0100, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
>>  Our drafts are currently on W3C infrastructure. I think it would be
>>  helpful if we can republish easily on w3.org - not /TR since the
>>  process isn't a tech specification. Ted?
>
> People are doing that a few different ways at present. Short version it
> is plausible and we may try to come up with a better unified method of
> doing so. I can help with specifics for process draft at a www.w3.org U
> RI.

This seems worth doing to me. Ted, if/when we make the switch, can I just work with you to implement?

>>  >    b) A public, archived W3C mailing list which historically has,
>>  >       and can continue to, accept feedback
>>
>>  We have that too.
>>
>>  >    c) A public, archived W3C mailing list archiving all GitHub
>>  discussions
>>
>>  I think that would be a useful thing for backup.
>>
>>  >    d) A read-write mercurial mirror of the git repos on
>>  hg.csswg.org
>>
>>  Hmm. Was that hard to set up? If we could match that on the current
>>  dvcs.w3.org repo we would have a continuous history…
>
> Most have decommissioned their mercurial repo when they move to github
> (with a redirect) and I think that is the preferred practice. In fact
> we would like to retire dvcs.w3.org or rather mercurial and perhaps
> have dvcs.w3.org a live checkout of master (or gh-pages) branch of all
> github.com/w3c repos but this is a bigger picture item beyond this
> discussion.

Based on Geoffrey's explanation, I'm happy to drop this. I don't think there is a lot of real value beyond archiving, and I think we can live with a simple swap point if the archive still actually exists. So I'm not going to put much effort into following this up.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathie Nevile - standards - Yandex