Re: HTML spec comments not welcome via Internet mail?

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 12:12 , Dan Connolly <dckc@madmode.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 2, 2016 2:06 PM, "Ryan Ware" <ryan.r.ware@intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there something about the GitHub privacy policy you find onerous compared to the W3C privacy policy?
>
> No. I'm satisfied by their policies.
>
> Just a little surprised that I have to do business with somebody besides W3C for this.
>
> And maybe disappointed that I can't use cc, mailbox search, and the like. But I can see reasons for the WG and the community to prefer github's tools.

I am no longer happy with using email for reporting bugs and so on.  The reports disappear into the mail archives for the group, and that means it’s not easy to answer the question “show me all reported bugs”. Also, there’s no way to annotate an email with its status, duplicates, and so on.

I have been asking for years that ALL W3C specs that get to CR and beyond should have links (a) to report a bug and (b) to see all reported bugs on that spec., with information on the WG’s triage, possible resolution, etc.   This is easily do-able in GitHub (or using bugzilla), much less so in pure email.

Dave Singer

singer@mac.com