Re: Obsoleting

On Mon, 09 May 2016 16:34:19 +0100, David Singer <singer@mac.com> wrote:

> Oh, yes.  Maybe we need to go back to deprecated?

I don't think so.

HTML 4.01 made HTML 4.0 obsolete. HTML 5 may have made HTML 4 obsolete.

WALL/WURFL and the W3C Device Description work were among the factors that
made CC/PP obsolete.

None of which matters much in determining whether it is or is not obsolete.

So I don't think there is an issue here. And I think "dbsolete" is clearer
plainer english that "deprecated", which I only know of as a term amongst
"spec-heads".

cheers