Re: Revising 7.2 Appeal by Advisory Committee Representatives (was Re; Agenda Process Document ...)

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 22:59 , Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com> wrote:

That’s fine. The process should also define the period (I was going to say minimum period, but that would allow the gathering-5% stage to be indefinite.

> I believe that this clarifies the requirements for responding without either defining what mechanism is to be used to seek the responses nor over-specifying what the Team must do. In particular it would allow a WBS to be used as long as it had a comment field.
>
> One interesting sub-issue has to do with the announcement of the appeal. Should that use (or at least include) the text that that appellant provided to with his appeal request? I think it should certainly include the appellant's text, but may also have information provided by the Team.

I think it should simply state what the appellant says. The time for interpretation is past if we’re into appeals.

> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/2015Jul/0027.html
>
> Steve Z

Dave Singer

singer@mac.com