Re: Invited Expert edges

Hi Josh,

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:28:44 +0200, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for the comments!
>> I'll look to see how this can be improved.
>
> Thanks. FWIW, I'm apparently able to /somehow/ reach [1], and then
> load a page like the html join [2].
>
>> Only AC Representative, selected Invited Experts and Staff Contacts can
>> use this form to join or leave a group ; since you're not logged as any
>> of those, you won't be allowed to submit this form. Additional
>> instructions for joining this group [3] are available.
>
> I'm not sure why there's a space before `;`.

We fixed the typography.

> "since you're not logged [] as any of those" is missing something (and
> generally awkward)

We fixed s/logged as/logged in as/

>> I, ..., as W3C Invited Expert,
>> [ ] have reviewed the HTML Working Group charter
>> [ ] have reviewed the W3C Patent Policy, in particular the section on
>> licensing obligations for Working Group Participants (section 3.1)
>
> only this one ends in a period:
>> [ ] agree to all of the provisions of the W3C Patent Policy, including
>> the commitment to comply with the W3C RF licensing requirements.

We removed that period.

>> [ ] have reviewed the Process Document on individual participant
>> qualifications ( section 3.1), Invited Expert participation in a
>> Working Group (section 6.2.1.3) and good standing (section 6.2.1.7)
>> [ ] agree to the participation conditions described in the Working
>> Group charter

> sections but no outline to link to the other sections.

It's actually 2 sections, the first one has 2 subsections.
It displays on just a page without scrolling on an average size screen, so
no need for a TOC, I believe.

> If you work for or represent a W3C Member organization
> If you are the Advisory Committee Representative of the W3C Member
> If you are not the Advisory Committee Representative for your
> organization
> If you do not work for a W3C Member organization
>

> If my account isn't in a Member organization, it'd be nice if the page
> favored the IE section...

Yep, but it's quite low priority compared with the rest, so we did not
change anything there.

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org