Re: [Issue-101] Replacement for the other of the diagrams in the Process document

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:59:46 +1100
Cc: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
To: Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
Hi Steve,

I like the document as an illustration.

But.

I think this perpetuates the view that implementation comes after specification, where there's a substantial body of evidence (and dare I say it, a prevailing view) that this is backwards; the code needs to be running before you can set up a positive feedback cycle to influence the specification.

Now, it may be that this is a larger, different issue that we need to talk about and address separately, but it'd be nice not to encourage that view.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Maturity_Levels_Diagram_-_3.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: Maturity_Levels_Diagram_-_3.svg)

Edited_REC_Diagram_-_1.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: Edited_REC_Diagram_-_1.svg)