RE: warnings on outdated specs/docs

From: Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH) <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:34:27 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "ted@w3.org" <ted@w3.org>
CC: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir.gunnarsson@deque.com>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>
+Ted. This seems like an issue for the Systems Team to tweak their publication process to update specs that are obsoleted by a new publication, more than a process question. I can't imagine anyone objecting to the principle that outdated specs should be flagged as such, but I can imagine that the cost could be non-trivial.  Any additional information the Systems Team would need to flag those outdated docs might have to be defined in Pubrules, but I think this is an implementation detail as far as the Process Document is concerned.