ISSUE-133 - TAG role / makeup

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:57:46 +0300
To: Revising W3C Process Community Group <public-w3process@w3.org>
Hi,

<https://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/133>

We have made a change to this in the draft Process 2015, loosening the constraint for people who are hired by a company that already has a member.

I propose a rather more substantial set of changes:

- TAG has 12 members, including TimBL, 3 nominated by the Director, 9 elected by the membership.
- The chair(s) must be chosen from among TAG members, by the Director.
- The TAG are elected by "Schulze-STV" (rather than the current system), 4 or 5 per year like the AB.
- Any number of employees of a member can be nominated, however only the one who is most preferred can take a seat. The others will be eliminated with the seats going to the next-most preferred candidate(s).
- A W3C member who employs a member of the TAG *must not* nominate another person for election.
- TAG members participate as representatives of their employer, for Patent Policy purposes. The Process already says this, but the current TAG charter which cannot override Process gives a different impression - this is affirming that the charter should be changed.

Cheers

Chaals