Re: [mediacapture-main] enumerateDevices should be getAll() to match other APIs ( LC-3010)

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:03:32 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>
Hi Anne,

On 07/07/2015 15:59, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM,  <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>> Please review it carefully [...]
>>
>> Your comment on enumerateDevices():
>>> == enumerateDevices should be getAll() to match other APIs ==
>>> ```mediaDevices.getAll()``` is pretty clear and matches other APIs
>>> like the Cache API in SW.
>>
>> Working Group Resolution (LC-3010):
>> The Working Group does not contemplate any change based on this comment.
>
> Did the Working Group even review the comment carefully? These kind of
> templated non-responses kill public contributions and participation
> (or in this case contributions from engineers with lots of experience
> in API design).

I agree the response could have been better worded; but note that the
issue discussion happened on github with some more details:
https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/issues/157

(I've actually tried to avoid sending responses to github issues via our
last call comments tracker tool, but obviously failed in this case)

Dom