Re: publishing new WD of URL spec

On 9/11/14, 10:06 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> ie good idea but we'll push it for v2:

For what it's worth, this is pretty much a perfect illustration of
what's wrong with the W3C process and its versioning from my point of
view...  An implementor comes to the WG saying the spec is not
web-compatible, during the time period that is supposed to be for
implementor feedback, and the decision is to freeze the spec as-is and
push off making it web-compatible to a nebulous v2.

To be clear, I'm not trying to call out the webperf working group in
particular here; this sort of thing happens a lot.  It's the nature of
the process...

> I raised the issue to make sure it stays in our radar and get resolved
> once and for all:
>   http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/18

Thank you!

-Boris