Re: w3process-ISSUE-124 (WHATWG-blacklist): Normative Reference policy should explicitly black list WHATWG specs [Normative Reference Policy]

On 9/8/14 1:04 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Given that (a) the person who opened this issue indicated that he was
> opposed to it

Hi Sam, sorry but I'm not following you here.

I created the Issue and besides the scenario Jeff mentioned, the other
scenario I recall is the Progress Events spec needing to replace a
normative reference to a WHATWG spec before the PR was allowed to be
published. I suppose one could certainly argue if the decision (to not
permit such references) is made by the AC, the CEO, the Director, ...
and/or some combination. Regardless, since this is indeed the practice
(again, as I have experienced it), I think it would be helpful to
clearly document this practice in the NRP so other actors (Chairs,
Editors, Public, etc.) know about this constraint (PRs cannot include
normative references to WHATWG specs) and can plan accordingly.

-AB

[1] <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/team-webapps/2013Nov/0021.html>