Re: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15

On 10/8/14 4:37 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> On 08/10/2014 13:09, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>
>> In the spirit of facilitating and increasing the likelihood of early and
>> wide document reviews, a number of people in thread [1] voiced support
>> for creating a Public list the Publications team would use to announce
>> publications of FPWDs, LCWDs, 2014-preCRs and CRs. This is a Call for
>> Consensus (CfC) to create such a list and for the Publications team to
>> use it when these types of documents are published.
>>
>> If anyone has any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply by
>> Oct 15.
>>
>> Assuming this CfC `passes`, a secondary issue is the name of the list. I
>> am indifferent and offer these possibilities:
>> public-{pubs,publications}; other suggestions are welcome and
>> encouraged.
>>
>> -Thanks, AB
>
> I support this proposal if the two following conditions are met:
>
>   1. the Reply-To field of announcements there is set to the
>      corresponding W3C mailing-list, as much as possible.
>
>      Example: Team announces a new CSS draft, the reply-to is then set
>      to www-style@w3.org

Yes, good point; definitely agree (and the WebMaster should be able to
easily glean the appropriate list from the document's SotD section).

>   2. announcements there are Team's duty.

Agree (that's what I meant by "... the Publications team to use it
..."); sorry that wasn't more clear.