Re: Can we discuss ISSUE-140 (description of Team) please

06.10.2014, 18:10, "David (Standards) Singer" <singer@apple.com>:
> <http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#Team>
>
> I think we should look at what it says,

Indeed. I did.

> and work out:
>
> * what roles are used by the process, and therefore need defining here

There are two roles used - "the Team" (e.g. when W3C wants to set conditions, they are typically set by "the Team") and "the Director" (when a decision is made, it is typically made by "the Director").

> * what text is still useful, and should be somewhere else
> * what is out of date, redundant, or un-needed, and can be lost

Beyond the sentence that says who the Team is, specific things the Team or Director does or is obliged to do are stated in the relevant part of the Process. The rest is just nice things about what the Team might do with the rest of their time, which I don't think are relevant to the Process.

> I am not sure that the first is covered by a single sentence

My conclusion is that the first is covered by a single sentence, that the second is answered by "enough to say who the Team is - probably a whole sentence", and the third covers everything beyond the first sentence.

Hence my proposal.

Cheers

Chaals