RE: WHATWG/W3C collaboration proposal and the discussion of Issue-141

Comments inline below
Steve Z

[SZ] It would appear to me from Sam's comments that this issue does not need to be solved for Sam's experiment to proceed. Having said that, there is another Process Issue, Issue 141 Improve Errata management in W3C
  http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/141

to which this topic seems relevant. The point is to allow Process Track Documents, including RECs, to point elsewhere for more information about "errata" (or in this case changes since the "snapshot" was taken). Text has been proposed to encourage Working Groups (in this case snapshot takers) to stay up-to-date with issues resolutions that occur after the snapshot was taken. It has been proposed that, in principle, such errata references could point to a "living standard".

It would seem to be more productive to have the discussion of the relationship of snapshots to living standards in that context rather than in the discussion of Sam's experiment (where Sam does not consider it to be an issue).