Re: UI Mockup [Was: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15]

On 2014-11-06 03:31, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

> 04.11.2014, 23:08, "Ian Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>:
>> On Oct 8, 2014, at 6:09 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   In the spirit of facilitating and increasing the likelihood of early and wide document reviews, a number of people in thread [1] voiced support for creating a Public list the Publications team would use to announce publications of FPWDs, LCWDs, 2014-preCRs and CRs. This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to create such a list and for the Publications team to use it when these types of documents are published.
>>>
>>>   If anyone has any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply by Oct 15.
>>>
>>>   Assuming this CfC `passes`, a secondary issue is the name of the list. I am indifferent and offer these possibilities: public-{pubs,publications}; other suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
>> Hi Art,
>>
>> Here's a rudimentary UI to make it easier for chairs and team contacts to send these review notices:
>>   http://www.w3.org/2014/11/getreview/
>>
>> Would something like this be useful?
> Very, but it *really* needs to cover normal Working Drafts.

And Editor's drafts too.  It could be a WG wants review of a new feature
in the Editor's draft that they're deciding whether to develop or not.
For instance, a WG could have sections marked experimental, that they
don't put into their TRs.  They could want feedback on one of those in
particular and so point to the section of the Editor's draft.

Also, reviews of proposed charters and other non-spec reviews like
requests for feedback on what new features a WG should consider would
need a different form that links to a document that isn't a spec, but is
the thing to be reviewed.