Re: UI Mockup [Was: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15]

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:29:45 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>, Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>

05.11.2014, 02:32, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@gmail.com>:
> On 11/4/14 5:08 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> On Oct 8, 2014, at 6:09 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In the spirit of facilitating and increasing the likelihood of early and wide document reviews, a number of people in thread [1] voiced support for creating a Public list the Publications team would use to announce publications of FPWDs, LCWDs, 2014-preCRs and CRs. This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to create such a list and for the Publications team to use it when these types of documents are published.
>>>
>>> If anyone has any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply by Oct 15.
>>>
>>> Assuming this CfC `passes`, a secondary issue is the name of the list. I am indifferent and offer these possibilities: public-{pubs,publications}; other suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
>> Hi Art,
>>
>> Here's a rudimentary UI to make it easier for chairs and team contacts to send these review notices:
>> http://www.w3.org/2014/11/getreview/
>>
>> Would something like this be useful?
>
> In the quest for broader review, I think a goal for the Chairs of
> PD-2005 WGs should be zero or absolute minimal changes to their work
> flow. As such, my expectation for the two PD-2005 WGs I chair, is that
> after a LCWD is published, I will continue to send LCWD Transition
> Announcements to the chairs list and to separately send some type of RfC
> to the groups we want to review the LCWD.

In the case where you are holding off review until LCWD, it is a goal that you stop doing that, and seek review as pieces of the spec stabiliise. Although under the old process there isn't formally a way to force you to do that (beyond being less tolerant of "we decided it was too late to change" in response to last call comments, which may or may not be a reasonable thing to do).

> If/when the
> public-review-announcement is created, I would just plan to either Cc:
> or Bcc: that list when I send a RfC to the groups I want to review the
> LCWD. This additional Cc/Bcc to p-r-a is the only additional step I
> foresee to *my* LCWD workflow thus the form doesn't seem to be
> especially useful for this scenario.
>
> I haven't participated in a WG using PD-2014 so I'm not familiar with
> the workflow changes for those chairs. For example, are those chairs
> supposed to notify the chairs list when they publish a WD for which they
> seek broad review of some WD (as is expected with PD-2005 LCWD
> TransAnn's)?

> Perhaps these groups will find the form useful but
> presumably they still have to send RfCs to specific groups.

That's my assumption too.