Re: Require security review before FPWD

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:57:49 +0100
To: public-w3process@w3.org, David Singer <singer@apple.com>
> What we are trying to achieve is that by the time of Rec publication, the appropriate
> reviews have been done and the issues they raised resolved, not that the issues
> be raised at a particular stage.

You are missing the point. E.g. Apple ships EME today without
requiring TLS. This constrains the options of the WG and gives
reviewers the feeling they never really had any input into the process
at all.

W3C Recommendation is not an actual constraint. Content that depends
upon multiple shipping implementations is what constrains web
standards development.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/