RE: Case for/data about elections

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 04:24:32 +0000
To: "Nottingham, Mark" <mnotting@akamai.com>, "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)" <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>
CC: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, "Charles McCathie Nevile" <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
Let me suggest you take a look at the AB and the TAG selection from a different point of view:

Who would be on your "dream team" of leaders if you could recruit them? Ideally what would you have the TAG and AB do?
How could you get any of your dream team (or your second choices) to volunteer and commit the time?

The discussion about voting and selection seems to be disconnected from the fundamental gap.
>From my viewpoint, the web platform is enormously over complicated, fragile and insecure, poorly integrated with other (non-web) Internet applications -- architecturally baroque and getting worse every year. And W3C isn't poised to lead effectively to fix this or even apply back-pressure.

Those are the kinds of problems I'd want them to take on.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net