Re: Workshop and meeting requirements

From: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 20:14:58 +0000
To: David Singer <singer@mac.com>
CC: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>

On May 16, 2014, at 7:19 AM, David Singer <singer@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I think there is a lot more lower-hanging fruit than video.
>>
>> I think that is true as well, but it does not mean that video should be considered in a mutually exclusive way. We need better tools, one of which is video.
>
> OK, Iím not opposed to working on video, I just want to see us deal with the higher pay-off lower-work Ďfruití first.

This is where we part then; I don't think it's at all that clear what should be first/last and I don't want to go there yet. Or at least not just because video is relatively harder to fix.

And to be clear, I do not restrict video to live interactive events. I watch dozens of conf videos every year, most after the fact. Though W3C has pointers some event videos [1] it represents a small proportion of what actually happens. Video should not be something we do sometimes, or 'the thing we'll do once we've fixed all the other problems'.

I'll hereby consider this dead horse beaten.

[1] http://www.w3.org/participate/podcastsvideo