Re: Workshop and meeting requirements

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:50:40 -0700
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Cc: "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)" <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>, Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> On 5/12/2014 4:15 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> A laudable goal.  I think the TAG's event was not really "under W3C
> auspices" - i.e., I don't see how it fits under the given guidelines, but
> it was (imo) clearly a good thing.
>

> I thought it was under W3C auspices because it was organized by the TAG.
> The TAG is about "as W3C" as it gets.

Sure.  But as an event, there's no category as laid out in the process doc
this fits under.  It was not directly sponsored by the W3C; it was just
organized by the TAG members.  Put it this way - let's say Tantek and I
decided we wanted to make a "Moving the W3C Forward" open-ended
unconference happen.  Presuming the other AB members agreed with the idea,
how would we go about doing this in order to clearly label as a W3C event?
 Seems to me it would need to be a Workshop, with all that that implies.