Re: "elections" without voting

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 09:03:27 +0900
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Larry, Brian,

Just about this part:

Le 7 mai 2014 à 06:57, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> These are voluntary, unpaid, advisory positions with no actual authority other than the validity of the advice they provide.
>
> No change in this either way, unless you are suggesting we pay them. Prior to a couple of years ago, my understanding is that both were mainly unknown entities.

This not a voluntary, unpaid position :) for W3C Members.
When a person is participating under W3C Membership, the participation time is « paid. »  The person is still employed by a company which has decided to allow this participation. The person might do it in addition out of his normal company schedule, etc; the person might feel that she is doing it as extra work, but this is something in between the company and its employee.

Just wanted to clarify by respect for people who invest time in W3C outside of any W3C membership.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/