Re: Voting again…

On Mon, 05 May 2014 13:43:07 +0200, Daniel Glazman

> On 05/05/2014 13:22, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
>
>> There have been specific complaints about people sending "campaigning"
>> emails to AC reps - which is against the terms of access to the list. I
>> have always considered doing so inappropriate, and it appears I'm not
>> alone. There has recently been a move toward people clarifying their
>> positions in open discussion, which I think is a positive way to get
>> more information on candidates, but I frankly don't support encouraging
>> "election campaigns".
>
> I disagree so much with what you wrote above I am a bit shocked, I must
> say.

It appears you're missing the context - sorry, I should have been more
explicit since this is not the AC list.

People were using the mailing list as a source of email addresses, and
sending unsolicited private email to people who didn't know them. That
generated the complaints.

> So it's an election but candidates cannot present themselves.

No, of course not. As you point out, that would be stupid.