Re: AB size [Was: Re: Is strategic voting a problem? - was RE: Don't disclose election results]

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 21:19:12 +0200
To: public-w3process@w3.org
On 09/06/2014 14:58, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:

>> What is your definition of `notable` here? Is 12 or 18 or 24 ok?
>
> The bigger it gets, the worse the problem of a large AB gets. It's not pure mathematics, it's social interactions. I don't think the AB should get any
> bigger.

I don't understand this point of view at all. Out of 384 ACs, ˜30
are active on W3C operations and roughly 20 are able to bring
interesting data, suggestions, proposals, doc editorship and more
- let's call that important contributions - to the AB. It seems
to me our AB selection system has only one immediate impact:
we're not using the people left outside of the AB as efficiently
as we could.

</Daniel>