Re: AB size [Was: Re: Is strategic voting a problem? - was RE: Don't disclose election results]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:28:34 -0400
To: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, public-w3process@w3.org
On 6/8/14 9:07 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> For the record I still don't support notably increasing its size.

What is your definition of `notable` here? Is 12 or 18 or 24 ok?

> I do support moving as much as possible of what it does to the AC at
> large, or community groups, and making the AB's work as transparent as
> possible (this allows AC reps to check that the people they trust
> really *are* representing them).

What specific role/task cannot be handled by the AC and why?

> I think it is also important that the AB make a significant commitment
> to be available, that AC reps at large do not and should not have to make.

(I guess I'll have to wait for my `secret decoder ring` to arrive on
July 1 to try to understand why the entire Membership shouldn't be privy
to info shared with such a tiny subset of Members.)

-Thanks, AB