Re: Is strategic voting a problem? - was RE: Don't disclose election results

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 13:32:01 -0700
Cc: public-w3process@w3.org
To: Yosuke Funahashi <yosuke@funahashi.cc>

On Jun 6, 2014, at 8:42 , Yosuke Funahashi <yosuke@funahashi.cc> wrote:

> This is one of the reasons why I wrote a message that we should make the AB open. Some people sounded comfortable with keeping the AB small or current size, which I don't understand at all.

I think in general, once over a minimum size, the efficacy of a committee (and I mean committee, not working group etc.) is inversely proportional to size. For example, for classic boards, I think once you are over about a dozen, efficacy drops sharply.  There are many factors at play: it takes longer to listen to everyone (and one has to, even if people repeat things already said), and in a large group everyone feels itís large enough that they donít have to step up and be particularly active, and so on.