How we work Re: Disclosure and information proposal

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:53:09 +0200
To: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, public-w3process@w3.org, "Wayne Carr" <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>
Speaking as chair...

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 08:52:08 +0200, Wayne Carr
<wayne.carr@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On 2014-06-04 23:10, Daniel Glazman wrote:
>> On 05/06/2014 01:47, Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>>
>>> That’s where there is no consensus.
>> Technically, consensus is determined by all ACs during a review, not
>> by this Task Force, right? I am under the impression we have established
>> a second level of decision here and I am not sure I agree with it.
>> So I think this TF's mission should be to list the suggested models
>> and submit them to ACs for review, not be a filter.
>>
>> </Daniel>
>
> I'm not sure exactly what that was referring to, but in general that
> seems the right approach.  For this or for the AB.   Develop some
> reasonable alternatives and let the AC sort it out, with preference
> polls or whatever.

That is the approach of this group.

As a Community Group we have no official standing, but we allow anyone to
join. We can develop proposals, ideas, or just test the waters with a
group of people who bothered to sign up. (Not that we get input from most
of the members of this group either, as a rule...)

Everything we do ends up as a polite suggestion that can be easily
ignored, or can be put to the decision-making bodies to decide on.

Cheers

Chaals