Re: Disclosing election results -- a voice of caution

From: Jean-Charles (JC) Verdié <jicheu@yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:30:28 +0200
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "Bassetti, Ann" <ann.bassetti@boeing.com>, "Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH)" <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
David Singer wrote:
>>> Me (and my employer) would have no problem to disclose the election result, on an anonymous basis.
>> >
>> > Which you wont get as some candidates were not in w3process (nor in
>> > ac-forum)
>
> I specifically asked that we get an explicit “ok” from the candidates, and an implicit OK through lack of objection from the AC, but I don’t think either was done.

Indeed.

Wouldn't it make sense that someone neutral contact the candidates directly?

JC