Re: Don't disclose election results

On 04/06/2014 17:56 , Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> I'm not really jumping to any conclusions when it comes to overall
> membership involvement. Far too little data. I think such low numbers
> bear the question though, and I'm interested in finding out some
> answers. Though that may be difficult.

That's my point.

> And how does that not convey this type of W3C business is low
> priority/unimportant to their employer? If we assume most people know
> where their self-interest resides (yes, it can seem a big 'if'
> sometimes...) they'll prioritize AC votes and other related activity
> based on what they expect the return to be. Likewise, managers
> allocate time based on what they think matters to their area and so
> on. If they don't allocate any time to AC tasks, that'd suggest it's
> simply unimportant to their life. They can afford to ignore it.

Which in turn presumes that the management knows what they're doing,
that participating in standards wasn't something you sort of had to
manœuvre together as a half-skunkworks project, that whoever was given
AC is even in the right part of the organisation, isn't some VP instead
of someone in touch, etc.

Frankly I hear what you're saying but I see so many ways this could go
wrong I'd really refrain from drawing conclusions from it. If
corporations with more than 3 employees were well organised I reckon
we'd have noticed.