How to reach AC Newbies and why is there such a Large "Silent Majority"? [Was: Re: Don't disclose election results]

On 6/4/14 8:03 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Maybe we should do some AC training. When I ran for TAG I was
> surprised at how many reps wrote to say "I'd like to vote for you but
> I don't understand how".

Oh dear. That's really {s,b}ad. The closest thing I know about related
to AC Newbies is <https://www.w3.org/wiki/AdvisoryCommittee/NewbieInfo>.
If there is some additional info that should be added, please do update
that doc or send me the details and I'll be happy to update it. That
said, perhaps there are better ways/medium to reach Newbies (f.ex. a
5-10 minute video that address the issue you raise as well as other AC
Newbie FAQs). (I just filed a related issue in the AC tracker
<https://www.w3.org/Member/track/issues/7>).

> It would be possible for the team to compile a list of non-voters in
> the last n elections. It might make sense to reach out to them to ask why.

Yes, I definitely agree it would be good to know why there is such a low
turnout. (I just filed a related Issue in the AC tracker
<https://www.w3.org/Member/track/issues/6>).

-AB