RE: Disclosing election results -- a voice of caution

Forgot to respond to one Brian’s question:
> what sorts of questions would we be able to ask

Assuming we collect more data than we use in the current vote counting algorithm, questions might be:

-  What percentage of members voted?
-  What percentage of people voted for the maximum number of candidates?  How about only 1 candidate?
- Assuming that voting for one candidate is an indication of strategic voting, were there obvious patterns in the voting blocs?  OK that’s not a “statistical” question but we could ask the Team whether it was obvious to them on what was most similar about the people who voted for the same single candidate – Being in the same geographic region?  Position on a controversial issue?
- What percentage of voters were willing to go to the trouble to rank order candidates?  For those that did, would an STV system have changed the outcome?  Which STV schemes would have created the most diversity (geographical, member size, business type)?
- For those who categorized candidates as acceptable / not acceptable, what percentage of people listed more acceptable candidates than open slots?  Did a majority of voters find all candidates acceptable or were they more discriminating?