Disclosing election results (was Re: Result Re: Call for Consensus - "Use 'Schulze STV' for voting")

On Monday 2014-06-02 18:33 +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> I am supporting a change on that front. The W3C AB and TAG elections are
> the _only_ elections I have been voting for, as an adult, w/o having detailed
> results as in any other election. I think the number of votes expressed and
> the number of votes gained by each candidate should be disclosed.

Agreed.

Though if we want to understand more about how changes in voting
systems would affect the results, it would be even more helpful to
have an anonymized list of ballots (so that we have the information
about which candidates were voted for *together*).  I'm not sure if
making that available would be considered to make the data too
de-anonymizable?

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,