Re: Invited expert and CG Contributor agreements

On 12/19/14 8:42 AM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
> On 12/19/2014 8:00 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> Since it seems like any restriction on derivative work upon an IE's
>> termination could result in reduced (perhaps eliminated) employment
>> opportunities,
>
> I'd be interested in understanding better how this impacts future
> employment.

I was thinking of a scenario where an IE's personal contributions are
included in a spec and then the IE leaves W3C (and hence the agreement
is terminated). A new employer wants to hire the IE but IFF the IE may
rightfully continue to work on such personal contribution (f.ex. in a
spec in some other SSO, in an in-house spec, etc.). The IE agreement
_seems_ to prohibit the IE from being able to engage in this work for
this prospective employer.

-AB