Re: What is Process Good For? licensing

On 12/16/2014 02:29 PM, Michael Champion (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>> I believe we have that in the W3C Software License, a BSD variant that's already recognized as OSI Open Source and GPL-compatible.
> Is that appropriate for specs (as opposed to code) being incubated in GitHub/a Community Group? I think we want to keep this as simple as possible.

The Software License refers to "software and documentation," but could
also be applied to any type of text.

It grants "Permission to copy, modify, and distribute this software and
its documentation, with or without modification, for any purpose and
without fee or royalty" provided you give notice of the license, include
any disclaimers, and give notice of modifications.

If those are the properties desired in a license, then the Software
License seems a fine one to use.

--Wendy