Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:00:45 -0700
To: public-w3process@w3.org, "Jeff Jaffe (jeff@w3.org)" <jeff@w3.org>
Jeff wrote:

> You will not see the W3C attacking or disrespecting the WHATWG in any way.

Here are some examples of the W3C disrespecting the WHATWG:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/
http://w3ctag.github.io/url/

Please respect our request that you stop copying our work.

(Even if you ignore the disrespect from copying our work, there's more
subtle disrespect shown in the pages above. For example, I wrote 99%+
of the HTML spec, yet my name appears last in a list of seven names,
with no indication of who did the work. The WHATWG logo appears
nowhere. The second one above, the copied DOM spec, references the
copied HTML spec, and doesn't even list my name at all. I'm not
looking for credit — my name doesn't even appear in the first 500 or
so pages of the HTML spec at the WHATWG — but it's a clear indication
of the respect the W3C shows the WHATWG.)

--
Ian Hickson