w3process-ISSUE-122 (WhoBenefits): What community is expected to benefit from this Activity? [Process Document]

From: Revising W3C Process Community Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 06:04:48 +0000
To: public-w3process@w3.org
w3process-ISSUE-122 (WhoBenefits): What community is expected to benefit from this Activity? [Process Document]

http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/122

Raised by: Steve Zilles
On product: Process Document

In Section 5.6 Activity Proposals there is the following,
"A list of supporters and references. What community is expected to benefit from this Activity? Are members of this community part of W3C now? Are they expected to join the effort?"

Issue: Should we put this requirement on charters?

Suggested Resolution:
It seems this requirement is only applicable to something like an Activity which was constructed to allow multiple WGs to be created within it. By the time that a WG charter is developed, most of these questions have been answered, at least to the satisfaction of the Team which is presenting the charter to the AC for Review. It may me useful to include this information in the AC Chater Review, but it does not seem necessary to include it within the chater itself.