RE: Towards consistent and transparent evaluation of new WG proposals

I'm not persuaded that there is a problem here.  In my experience, the Team  does exactly what [2] Recommends, using essentially the criteria mentioned.  They also give the AC notice of charter work in progress, which sometimes triggers useful discussions on AC Forum.  I don't see a whole lot of value in baking this into the Process document, if that is the proposal.
From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:59 AM
To: public-w3process
Subject: Towards consistent and transparent evaluation of new WG proposals

[ Bcc: w3c-ac-forum ]

A recent discussion about a proposal to create a new WG to continue work
started by a CG raised some general questions about the process used to
evaluate such proposals [1]. I created a document to capture some of the
related questions and considerations [2].

Perhaps [something like] this can be used as the basis of a framework to
create more consistent and transparent criteria when evaluation new WG
proposals?

Comments on this doc are welcome but please send them to
public-w3process and as always, please do feel free to directly update
this document.
​​
-Thanks, AB

[1]