Re: Revision 3: ACTION-4: determining sufficient implementation experience exists

I adopted something like this in the draft I just posted -
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/default/tr.html - with some changes as
noted below. Consequently, ISSUE-26 and ISSUE-27 are marked "PENDINGREVIEW"

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 01:04:16 +0500, Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
wrote:

> 7.2.3 Implementation Experience
>
> Implementation experience is required to show that a specification is
> sufficiently clear, complete, and relevant to market needs that
> (multiple independent) implementations of each feature of the

s/(multiple independent)/independent interoperable/

> specification will be realized.  While no exhaustive list of
> requirements is provided here, when assessing that there is adequate
> implementation experience the Director will consider (though not
> limited to):

s/not limited/not be limited/

> *      is each feature implemented and how is this demonstrated;
> for example, are there public tests for the feature?

Changed this to (for example, is there a test suite)

> *      are there independent interoperable implementations?
> *      are there implementations created by other than the authors of
> the specification?
> *      are the implementations publicly deployed?

added
* is there implementation experience at all levels of the specification's
ecosystem (creation, consuming, publishing…)?

> Planning to meet the requirement for implementation experience should
> begin early and proceed in parallel with the development of the
> specification. It is up to the working group to present evidence that
> sufficient implementation experience exists and that it has met any
> implementation requirements it has placed on itself during LCCR.

I left this paragraph out for now.

In a related move, I added the SHOULD document known implementation as a
general requirement for transitions (ISSUE-38)

> WITH THIS DEFINTION THE BULLET POINTS ABOUT implementation experience
> BECOME
>
> Section 7.4.2 (LCCR) has
>
> must document how the requirement for implementation experience will be
> met.
>
> Section 7.4.5 (REC) has
>
> must document that the requirement for implementation experience has
> been met.

For the above two I used "...how adequate implementation experience..."
(the phrase was in the opening paragraph of the section added above).

> Section 7.1, LCCR bullet
>
> Gather implementation experience

linked.