Re: Name of Last Call Candidate Recommendation Re: New draft of Chapter 7 Process proposal

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 02:26:01 +0200, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> I am confused.  I thought you wanted the name "Last Call" for the stage
> that triggered formal patent policy actions, merging LC and CR.

Yep.

> We need a new name for the stage when the WG thinks the document is
> mature and are asking for the 'wide review' that LCCR asks for.

The problem Ivan pointed out is "LCCR is a horrible name. Is there
something better we can use"?

"Please review, because we're about to go into LCCR" seems OK to me. Why
have a formal "almost LCCR" stage name?

> That can't be LC, can it?

No, but I don't think it needs a formal name at all...

cheers

Chaals