Re: small comment on the AB draft process document

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 02:10:25 +0200, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2013, at 6:50 PM, Charles McCathie Nevile
> <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:44:38 +0200, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>>> chaals wrote

>>> Actually, I do like what is there, ie, that even #2 changes can be
>>> done in situ. Let me give a typical example: we have a document in the
>>> making (JSON-LD), that has a dependency on Promises (or whatever the
>>> name in vogue is these days). We would really like to publish this as
>>> a Rec today, but the reference to the Promises document cannot be
>>> normative. Say in 6 month the Promises document, in its current
>>> format, becomes final and cast in concrete. That means that a new
>>> JSON-LD document should be issued with the reference changed to
>>> normative. This change would not affect conformance of
>>> implementations, but it is not a broken link or invalid markup change:
>>> ie, it falls under category #2. On the other hand, it looks like
>>> madness to go through the whole hoopla and contacting the AC over this
>>> change, so I would like the team or the WG to make the change in situ,
>>> announce the change and go on with their lives...
>>
>> I raised ISSUE-47 for this point. I think that markup changes should be
>> allowed "silently" - i.e. no announcement required.
>
> Here is the Director's current policy:
>  http://www.w3.org/2003/01/republishing/

Thanks. I am proposing to bring the Process more in line with this. But I
am still not entirely happy with the section - it is unclear *who* can
request or approve a change...

So I'll make changes to try and clarify, but leave the issue open.

cheers

Chaals