Re: Going public: AB process Chapter 7 task force

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>wrote:

>> Please note that, in accordance with the charter of this group and with
>> the W3C Process itself, the AB (not the community group) is responsible for
>> making decisions on what the AB will present to the AC as proposed changes.
>>

> Does this CG even have a charter? If so, please cite/reference where the
> members of this CG agreed to relinquish all `decision making` to the AB. (I
> don't know how others interpret the above but it gives me the impression
> the AB is simply giving `lip service` to being `public` for this context.)

Not at all, and that's not what Chaals said.

The AB is responsible for making decisions as to what the _AB_ will present
to the AC.  That does not mean the CG could not suggest additional, fewer,
or entirely different proposed changes to the AC, the Director, or the
public; but Chaals was simply pointing out that the AB didn't sign up to
rubber-stamp the CG's output, either.

As for lip-service to being public, I think we (for some arbitrary set of
"we", including members of the AB) will continue to refine and press for
this process to be more public.

-Chris