Re: w3process-ISSUE-44 (MinorUpdateNoNewReview): Process should be clear that minor edits at same level do not trigger new review period

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:13:09 +0200
To: public-w3process@w3.org, "Revising W3C Process Community Group Issue Tracker" <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:29:56 +0200, Revising W3C Process Community Group
Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> w3process-ISSUE-44 (MinorUpdateNoNewReview): Process should be clear
> that minor edits at same level do not trigger new review period

I frankly want to discourage groups from "minor edits". I've seen far too
many of them that make real differences, and I think it is important that
a group can justify any change explicitly.

That said, the current draft has "If there are any *substantive* [emphasis
mine] changes made to a Last Call Candidate Recommendation other than to
remove features explicitly identified as "at risk", the Working Group must
repeat the full process of publication as a Last Call Candidate
Recommendation before the Working Group can request Recommendation status."

This effectively allows for editorial changes. I propose to close this
issue...

cheers

Chaals