RE: The Emperor's New Process [Was: Re: Are Director's Calls mandatory for LCCR?]

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Barstow [mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 7:20 AM
To: public-w3process
Subject: The Emperor's New Process [Was: Re: Are Director's Calls mandatory for LCCR?]

On 11/5/13 2:28 AM, ext Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> Part of the goal is to encourage groups to get their specs reviewed,
> preferably including by test implementation, before going to LCCR.

OK, so then if I understand this correctly, it appears the essence of this 2-year effort is to provide  formal advice to WGs that if they want to avoid circular WD<->LC<->CR type loops, then before they publish a "LCCR", they should create their tests, implement the spec, test their implementations and such.

SZ: Note that the proposed change is only one part of the "2-year effort". Much as with specification development, the part was moved forward because it was a manageable small piece and it seemed to be likely to have a positive impact. There are other pieces (in various states) that the AB would like to implement, but did not want to distract the discussion with too much at one time. A technique that is useful in getting specifications completed, too.;

BTW, when this proposal is presented to the groups during the Nov 13 Plenary meeting, perhaps it would be helpful to include a couple of real examples that demonstrate the advantages of the proposal (for example if WGs A/B/C had used the proposed process for spec's P/Q/R, the advantages would have been X/Y/Z).

SZ: do you have any suggestions to use? Anything from WebApps?

-Thanks, AB