Re: Seeking feedback from AB nominees on a few items

1. I agree completely that all AB discussions should be public.  I would
caveat that with a stipulation that I do still believe in the value of
face-to-face meetings, though these are knowingly limiting (due to
time/travel/funding constraints) - but of course minuting of that should be
public, and phone/IRC participation should be possible, as should any other
remote participation we can set up.

2.  I'm not sure I understand the value of this, precisely.  If what is
desired is total self-selection, then I'd recommend simply setting up an
open mailing list and IRC channel named "process" and encourage people to
join; but at that point, I don't think you really have a "board" in the
common sense.  Those elected to the board are expected to represent, in
some way, those who vote for their election; I strongly favor (see #1) that
the board's discussions be in public, and encourage public participation,
even, but in the end, I think the role of the board is to collate that
participation into advice to the Team and changes to the Process document.

It's quite possible that the board would, at some point, recommend that it
be itself abolished, and replaced with that model; I don't think we're
there yet.

-Chris