Re: A possible solution to defining "widely reviewed"

In the 5-6 years that I have been chairing WGs and as an AC rep for even
longer, I don't recall this ever being a problem, so surely I'm missing
something.

To help me understand this issue, please provide some links to the cases
where this caused a problem. (I'm trying to understand the relative
priority of this issue, now captured as Issue-9.)

The PD says LCs must be announced - which the Team always dutifully does
- and that seems sufficient to me to address the wide review
requirement. As such, it seems like this issue could be resolved by
simply removing the redundant requirement; that is, change:

[[
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#q74>

A Candidate Recommendation is a document that W3C believes has been
widely reviewed and satisfies the Working Group's technical requirements.
]]

to:

[[
A Candidate Recommendation is a document that W3C believes satisfies the
Working Group's technical requirements.
]]

-Thanks, AB